Police have issued a new CCTV image of Arnold man Christopher Henson in a renewed appeal to help try and trace him.
The new image was captured in the Daybrook area on the day the 45-year-old was reported missing from the Arnold area at around 6:00 Pm on Tuesday, March 15 2022.
Christopher is described as a white male, of slim build and is around 5ft 9ins tall.
PICTURED: This CCTV image shows Christopher Henson in Daybrook on the day he was reported missingMissing man Chris Henson, pictured above
He is described as having long brown hair worn in a ponytail, a beard and was last seen wearing a green jacket, black trousers, black boots and carrying a black bag (described as rucksack).
A police spokesman said: “We believe he will be in or around the city centre.
“Officers are concerned for Christopher’s safety.”
If you have seen Christopher or have any information about his whereabouts, please contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 116 of 15 March 2022.
If approved by the council’s planning committee, developers would demolish the buildings at 343, Westdale Lane to make way for the new apartments.
10 apartments are planned for the site along with 11 car parking spaces and 10 cycle spaces.
PICTURED: The site where new apartments are planned on Westdale Lane in Mapperley
The block would consist of eight two-bedroom and two one-bedroomed properties.
Vehicle Procurements (VP) director Mark Campbell told Gedling Eye: “In the face of global supply shortages we have made the strategic decision to consolidate our resources in order to maintain our market competitiveness and enable us to raise our customer service standards.
“VP will be moving in with My Garage Nottingham within the next few weeks at 293-295 Westdale Lane.
“We have undertaken an extensive programme of renovation at the site.
“This move not only secures a strong future for both companies, but also frees up land for much needed residential properties. We have put in planning for a very attractive building that will contain 6 – 8 flats at 343 Westdale Lane.”
10 employees are currently based at the car dealership and the documentation states they would be deployed to another site.
A Carlton-based property magnate is travelling to Hungary to offer support to Ukrainians who have already fled the war-embattled country.
Arran Bailey, of ALB Group, is part of an 11-man team heading out to deliver 10 tonnes of aid to refugees.
The team are initially driving five vans full of supplies to Poland after being inundated with £25,000 in donations through a GoFundMe campaign.
Arran set up the fundraiser with Rob Cassidy, of Mansfield-based New Century Windows, who is also on the expedition.
They will then continue their 3,000-mile round trip through Slovakia to Hungary, distributing essential aid bought from cash and carries in the UK before they left.
The pair have been appalled by the Russian invasion of Ukraine and were determined to help after seeing news footage of hundreds of thousands of people fleeing to neighbouring countries.
Originally the team had hoped to deliver the aid to Moldova, because they both felt the 230,000 refugees ending up there had been largely overlooked, but were unable to locate a refugee camp in Moldova to arrange delivery.
Rob and Arran launched their joint GoFundMe campaign last week, with a target of reaching £5,000 in cash donations. But within just 24 hours the campaign had raised £15,000, topping almost £18,000 by Monday morning and a whopping £25,000 within a week.
The team also had two “overwhelming” donations, from Stena Line, which donated the ferry crossing, and fashion brand Paul Smith, which donated around 3,000 items of clothing.
PICTURED: The team are on their way to deliver supplies in Slovakia and Hungary
All of the money donated is being used to purchase essential items such as toiletries, blankets, clothing, baby milk, nappies, food and torches. ALB and New Century Windows will be funding all fuel, tolls, accommodation and other expenses incurred on the trip from their own pockets.
Arran said: “When Rob and I chatted about the awful situation in Ukraine, we both shared the view that we had a duty to help those poor civilians who have been forced out of their homes and their country.
“We hoped to raise £5,000 so we’ve been absolutely bowled over by the support and donations we’ve received that has seen our original target more than quadruple. It’s overwhelming. This war has really tugged at people’s heart strings, and we are proud to be able to do something of value.
“These people need all the help they can get. We believe our aid delivery will go a long way towards helping those fleeing the conflict and providing some short-term relief from this appalling situation.”
Arran and Rob have this week been converting the GoFundMe cash donations into aid items, including towels, solar-powered phone chargers, sleeping bags, sleeping mats and cutlery.
The aid team, consisting of work colleagues Lee Donnelley, Wayne Rosegreen, Nathan Lee, Arran Bailey, Piotr Kozera, Rob Cassidy, Joe Rafter, Harry Whyte (of HBW Developments Ltd), Sam Gunning and Pete Gunning, began their epic journey on Thursday (March 17th).
Arran added: “All funds raised will go directly to buying essential aid for refugees, so I’d urge anyone who’s able to help to make a donation, however large of small. It will all go to an extremely worthy cause.”
Gedling borough is home to a huge selection of Indian-style restaurants and takeaways that have been commended for achieving the highest food hygiene rating from inspectors.
Here we’ve listed the Indian eateries in the borough that achieved five stars for cleanliness from the Food Standards Agency and the date of the inspection.
Opened in June 2021, Rivendell View care home has been awarded a Band 5 rating by Nottinghamshire County Council in recognition of its ‘excellent’ standards and the high quality of care it provides to residents.
The care home, located on Magenta Way in Stoke Bardolph, is a residential and dementia home.
The Council carried out its first Quality Monitoring Audit at Rivendell View on February 8th and found it to be either ‘good’ or ‘excellent’ across all five of the standards assessed.
The audit covered a wide range of areas and contained detailed observations. It highlighted the care home’s ability to provide an ‘excellent’ level of person-centred care through personalised support plans, which inspectors identified as incorporating residents’ “personal choices, preferences and equality and diversity needs”.
The standard, availability and choice of suitable and nutritious foods at the care home, as well as the kitchen staff’s knowledge of residents’ preferences and dietary needs were found to be ‘excellent’. Inspectors observed mealtimes and praised the care home for its skilled staff in “assisting residents where needed” and noted how “kind and respectful” the staff were to the people they cared for.
Staff at the Rivendell View care home in Stoke Bardolph
Rivendell View was found to have ‘excellent’ and “robust” recruitment and induction procedures for staff, and that its staff were well trained and responsive to residents’ needs. Inspectors evidenced that staffing levels were good. Inspectors also commented that staff members delivering care had “all the relevant knowledge and experience to provide safe and effective care”.
The management of the care home was also found to be ‘excellent’ with staff feeling supported. Inspectors identified that the registered manager has a “wealth of experience” and a “passion for good quality care”.
The environment within the home was found to be “well maintained to a high standard” with the accommodation described as “safe, comfortable and promotes well-being”. One resident was quoted in the report saying, “it is a very lovely home” and is “always clean and tidy”.
Rita Hubbard (87), a resident of Rivendell View care home, said: “Rivendell is a warm and friendly place to live. There are lots of activities to get involved in and the facilities here are wonderful.”
Lisa Tungate, home manager at Rivendell View care home, said: “We are thrilled to receive this report from Nottinghamshire County Council, only ten months after opening our doors.
“The Council’s care home banding system involves an annual audit to ensure that residential and nursing care in the county meet the highest standards and we are very proud to have achieved the highest possible banding from them after such a short time.
“Our staff and our residents have a wonderful and fulfilling relationship and they enjoy being here, and being together, every single day and I am incredibly proud to lead such a compassionate and dedicated team.”
Rail minster Wendy Morton has agreed to meet with Gedling MP Tom Randall to discuss how rail services can be boosted in the borough.
The invitation for talks was made by Randall during Transport Questions in the House of Commons yesterday.
The Gedling MP told the House: “There is a widespread view in Gedling borough that rail services could be improved.
“For example, Carlton has recently lost its service to Matlock and many trains pass through Burton Joyce station without stopping.
“I continue to have discussions with East Midlands Railway (EMR) about how they might reach the maximum services in the agreement between them and the Department.
“I welcome the opportunity to meet the rail minister to discuss how Gedling borough’s stations might fulfil their potential.”
The Minister of State for Transport, Wendy Morton, MP, replied: “I can assure him that we are working with the operator to consider what further changes might be possible, subject to passenger demand and the cascade for trains into East Midlands Railway.
“I would be very happy to meet with [Randall] to discuss this in more detail.”
During the Coronavirus pandemic, as a result of lockdowns, East Midlands Railway (EMR) reduced its train services throughout Gedling borough.
PICTURE: Tom Randal in the House of Commons
Following feedback from residents and community groups, Mr Randall and local Gedling Borough Councillors met EMR in August last year to discuss their post lockdown plans for increasing services again.
The MP now has a follow-up meeting scheduled for April between EMR, the Borough Councillors for Trent Valley and local community groups to get an update on progress.
Speaking after Transport Questions, Mr Randall said, “Residents across Gedling borough tell me that they would like more train services at stations in Carlton, Netherfield and Burton Joyce.
A train pictured leaving Carlton Station
“I have been and will continue to discuss this with EMR and am grateful to the rail minister for agreeing to meet with me to discuss this too.
“The Department for Transport have an agreed contract with EMR on the train services we should receive. This is not being fulfilled to its maximum and I hope to help improve that by meeting with the Department for Transport and continuing discussions with East Midlands Rail.”
Deputy Gedling Borough Council leader Michael Payne has also been angered by the lack of services at the stations.
The removal of the direct service from Burton Joyce and Carlton stations to Matlock prompted the councillor to write to Grant Shapps, the Secretary of State for Transport and urged him to bring reinstate the route.
He wrote: “Residents across Gedling borough are disappointed and angry about East Midland Railway’s decision to permanently remove the service
“The direct route into the popular destination of Matlock provided excellent accessibility to the beautiful Peak District for local families.
“It is such a retrograde step for East Midlands Railway to have removed this important service.”
East Midlands Railway responded at the time to Mr Payne’s call for the return of the service.
The said they had ‘no plans to operate the direct link’ following last year’s timetable change.
They said there will be consultations into timetable changes in the coming years and ‘residents can feed into that process’.
An EMR spokesman said: “Overall, our timetable change provides more seats, quicker journeys and a simpler and more resilient timetable for passengers.
“This includes the introduction of an additional train every hour between Nottingham and Derby as well as additional weekday evening services between Nottingham, Newark Castle and Lincoln.
“By extending our services from Crewe and Stoke-on-Trent through to Nottingham and Newark Castle we are introducing new direct journey opportunities between some of the largest towns and cities on our network.”
Pedestrians and cyclists are being given the chance to explore the new Gedling Access Road before it’s opened up for motorists.
The new £49m bypass – which will be known as Colliery Way – will open to motorists at mid-day on Tuesday, March 22.
But Nottinghamshire County Council, who are behind the road scheme, is inviting pedestrians and cyclists to explore Colliery Way before motorists put it through its paces.
There will also be an activity sheet for children to complete, featuring a colouring activity and a fun fact-finding mission, with facts to find all over the road and questions to answer on the sheet.
The open event will take place between 1pm and 5pm on Monday (March 21).
The activity sheets will be freely available and can be obtained from marshals at each end of the site and at the gates.
Nottinghamshire County Council say they plan to invest a record amount of money into improving our roads, pavements, drains and street lighting over the next three years.
The list revealed the following road, drain and street lighting improvements planned between 2022/24
Road and pavement maintenance schemes across Gedling during 2022/23:
Police are appealing for the public’s help in finding a missing Arnold man.
Officers are concerned for the safety of 45-year-old Christopher Henson after he was reported missing from the Arnold area at around 6:00 pm on Tuesday, March 15 2022.
PICTURED: Christopher Henson
Christopher is described as a white male, of slim build and is around 5ft 9ins tall. He is described as having long brown hair worn in a ponytail, a beard and was last seen wearing a brown jacket, black trousers, black boots and carrying a black bag (described as rucksack).
A police spokesman said: “If you have seen Christopher or have any information about his whereabouts, please contact Nottinghamshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 116 of 15 March 2022.”
Police are hunting a callous burglar who stole charity boxes from a pub in Netherfield – including a collection for Ukraine.
A man distracted a member of staff at It’s Inn the Bank in Victoria Road, Netherfield, before stealing two collection boxes which contained cash for the Ukraine appeal and in aid of a stroke unit.
It happened at around 2.20pm yesterday (15).
Sergeant Rebecca O’Connor, of the Gedling neighbourhood policing team, said: “We are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry, including checking CCTV footage, to trace the man responsible for this despicable burglary.
Police are appealing for information
“It’s very sad that someone would stoop so low as to steal cash donated to worthy causes and given by kind-hearted people to help others.
“This was a heartless and callous theft and we are determined to catch this offender as soon as possible and bring him to justice.
“To help us with our ongoing enquiries I would urge anyone with information about the burglary or the person responsible to please get in touch with the police as soon as possible.”
Anyone with any information, or who has any CCTV or dash-cam footage, is asked to call 101, quoting incident number 489 of 15 March 2022, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.