Bus operator Nottingham City Transport has announced a series of changes to services in Gedling borough.
The changes include a new direct link between Carlton and Victoria Retail Park, more buses from Carlton Square and new stops in the city centre and affect Lilac and Red lines serving Carlton, Colwick, Netherfield and Gedling.
The changes come into force from Sunday, January 28, 2024.
Improvements and changes are being applied to the following services:
Lilac 24, 25, 26, 27
- Improved frequency to every 5 minutes on Monday to Saturday daytimes between Carlton Square and the City Centre, to reflect increased passenger demand.
- Lilac 24 will provide a new direct link between Carlton Road, Carlton Hill and Carlton to Victoria Retail Park. Buses will run every 30 minutes on Monday to Saturday daytimes. Buses will follow their current route between City and Dr Park’s Corner, then continue along Burton Road, Inn for a Penny PH, Colwick Loop Road to reach Victoria Retail Park. Westdale Lane will no longer be served by Lilac 24, but continues to be served at the existing frequency by Lilac 25 up to every 15 minutes.
- Revised timetables on all Lilac Line services on all days of the week. Core frequencies remain unchanged.
- In the City Centre, there are changes to the stops on King Street and at Victoria Centre (see map below).
- On King Street, Lilac 24 and 26 will use the first stop nearest Parliament Street (coded K1) and Lilac 25, 27 will use the middle stop (coded K2). At Victoria Centre, Lilac 24, 26 will use the stop outside the former Argos store (coded V4) and Lilac 25, 27 will use the stop opposite the Dog and Partridge PH (coded V3).
Red 43, 44
In the City Centre, there are changes to the stops on King Street and at Victoria Centre.
On King Street, buses will use the bottom stop nearest the Brian Clough Statue (coded K3) and at Victoria Centre they will use the first stop nearest the main entrance to the shopping centre (coded V1). This is the stop currently used by Lilac Line buses.