A Carlton woman has launched a campaign to warn people about the dangers of leaving their drinks unattended after her own was spiked in a Notts pub.
Sian Reid has launched a Facebook page called Watch Your Drink Spike Awareness in a bid to highlight the problem after becoming a victim of a spiking a few weeks ago.
As well as setting up a Facebook page, she also hopes to have posters put up in pubs across the area to remind of people about the dangers of leaving their drinks unattended.
The Millers Barn pub and restaurant, where Sian works, is one of the first pubs to agree to back her poster campaign.
[message title=”READ MORE:” title_color=”#000000″ title_bg=”#1e73be” title_icon=”” content_color=”#000000″ content_bg=”#eaeaea” id=””] [/message]
She told Gedling Eye: “I’m doing this as I got my drink spiked in my own place of work when I finished my shift, but I was lucky enough to get away when I did otherwise it could have been a different story
“Because of this I’m launching this campaign to remind people how important it is to be careful. My drink was right in front of me but people are clever. This is not talked about as much as it should be and I feel if pubs had these posters just to remind people if could just save someone.