Communities across the borough will gather to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country this weekend.
Parades, minute’s silences and memorial services will be taking place as the area remembers those who have lost their lives in conflict.
Towns across the borough will hold parades on Remembrance Sunday with Arnold and Gedling all closing to traffic at periods during the day.
Full list of services
People should meet at the Victory Club opposite Sainsbury’s by 9.30am on Sunday (November 10) where the parade will march to St Pauls Church for a memorial service.Nov 10, 2019
The service will finish at 10.30am and the parade will then march to Arnot Hill Park for 10.45am for a wreath laying ceremony. There will be a two minutes silence before returning to the Victory Club.
During the event Nottingham Road, Church Drive and Sir John Robinson Way will be closed between 09:00 and 12:30, with Lilac 25 and Lime 58 buses being diverted.
- Lilac 25 towards Arnold will follow their normal route to the bottom of Breck Hill Road then divert right Thackeray’s Lane, Arnot Hill Road, right High Street, right Croft Road, left Arnold Front Street
- Lilac 25 towards City will follow their normal route to High Street (Wilko) then left Arnot Hill Road, Thackeray’s Lane to the roundabout to resume normal route on Breck Hill Road
- Lime 58 towards Arnold will follow their normal route to Mansfield Road, but at The Vale PH they will turn right Thackeray’s Lane and at the roundabout continue Thackeray’s Lane, Arnot Hill Road, right High Street, right Croft Road, left Arnold Front Street
- Lime 58 towards City will follow their normal route to High Street (Wilko) then left Arnot Hill Road, Thackeray’s Lane to the roundabout, continuing Thackeray’s Lane to The Vale PH, where they will turn left and resume normal route on Mansfield Road.
The following named stops will not be served, but buses will observe all stops on their diversion route: Charles Street, Sainsbury’s, Portland Street, Daybrook Square, Thackeray’s Lane, Calstock Road.
People should meet at All Hallows Church, Gedling, at 10am on Sunday for a church service followed by a walk to the war memorial at 10.45am for a wreath laying ceremony.
At 11am there will be a two minutes silence and then a parade to Gedling Memorial Hall.
Between 10am and 11.30am, Arnold Lane will be closed.
Red 44 will be diverted between approx. 10:00 and 11:30 whilst Arnold Lane is closed.
- Buses towards Gedling (departing City at 10:00, 10:25, 10:45, 11:05, 11:25) will follow their normal route to Gedling Road then turn left Westdale Lane, right Holyoake Road, continuing Shelford Road to Wollaton Avenue.
- Buses towards City (departing Gedling at 10:30, 10:50, 11:10 and 11:30) will depart from the turning circle (the 45 stop) then along Shelford Road, left Digby Avenue, left Westdale Lane (full length) then right on to Gedling Road to resume normal route.
The following named stops will not be served, but buses will observe all stops on their diversion route: Wollaton Avenue Shops, Gedling School, Cinderhill Grove, Arnold Lane Cemetery, Wykes Avenue, Churchview, Tennyson Avenue, Westdale Lane (to City), Besecar Avenue, Newton Road, Turpin Avenue.