A ‘Daily Special’ will be discounted every weekday from 3pm, giving customers a saving of up to £3.89 on the individual product price.
The meal that’s discounted will change each day and a drink is included in the offer.
Vegetarian alternatives are available and the supermarket’s café menu includes meals such as chicken tikka masala, fish and chips and burgers.
The meals on the menu will cost £4.99 each and they’ll be available in its 406 cafés nationwide after 3pm every weekday.
It doesn’t stop there as kids eat free all day when customers buy an adult meal, meaning a family of four can go out for dinner and eat for £9.98.
Ali Lyons, head of Morrisons Cafés, said: “We know how hard it is for our customers at the moment and we want to make sure they are still able to enjoy a meal out, even on a budget. We’ve handpicked these favourites so that no matter what day it is, our customers can enjoy a saving.”
Here’s the meals you can expect to be discounted throughout the week.
- Monday – Roast Chicken served with Chips & Coleslaw or Cheese & Onion Quiche served with Chips & Coleslaw
- Tuesday – Chicken Tikka Masala or Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- Wednesday – Breakfast Brunch or Full Vegetarian Breakfast
- Thursday – Cheeseburger served with Chips & Coleslaw or Vegetarian Burger served with Chips & Coleslaw
- Friday – Ultimate Fish & Chips
The move comes as Aldi is widely being predicted to overtake Morrisons as the UK’s fourth largest supermarket in less than a year, according to data taken from the most recent Kantar results.
The most recent take-home grocery figures were released last week, revealing that Aldi has claimed UK market share of 9% – just behind Morrisons which had 9.6% in the 12-week period to 12 June.