Changes to some East Midland Railway services in Gedling borough have been announced after a rise in staff absences due to coronavirus.
The new timetable will come into effect from October 26.
Services run from Carlton, Netherfield and Burton Joyce stations in the borough.
The firm say the new timetable has been designed to safely reduce the number of staff required to deliver its services by around 10% – while also protecting services which are the most popular and well used across the network.
As a result, there will be changes to 37 regional services across the network. EMR say they will continue to operate over 90% of its normal, or pre-Covid timetable.
Amended timetables are now available online and customers should check their journey before setting off.
Will Rogers, managing director of East Midlands Railway, said: “In recent weeks and in line with the rest of the country, we have seen a significant increase in the number of our staff who have been affected by Covid.
“With this in mind, we have taken the proactive step to make changes to our timetable to protect our most popular services, including those that are relied upon by key workers or those who use our services to travel to work, school or college.
“This will help to protect against unplanned and short notice cancellations which we know are extremely frustrating for customers.
“These changes will remain under review, but in the meantime, passengers are urged to check their journey before they set off and also use our Seat Finder Tool which can be found our website.”
The full list of Gedling borough services affected are listed below.
– 0742 Liverpool – Norwich (this service will instead operate Nottingham to Norwich only, departing Nottingham 1034)
– 1451 Liverpool – Norwich (this service will instead operate Nottingham to Norwich only, departing Nottingham 1734)
– 1251 Liverpool – Norwich
– 1951 Liverpool – Nottingham
– 0652 Norwich – Liverpool
– 1856 Norwich – Nottingham
– 1357 Norwich – Liverpool
– 0756 Nottingham – Newark Castle
– 0836 Nottingham – Newark Castle (Terminates Nottingham)
– 0841 Newark Castle – Matlock
– 1037 Matlock – Newark Castle
– 1047 Newark Castle – Matlock
– 1237 Matlock – Newark Castle
– 1247 Newark Castle – Matlock
– 1437 Matlock – Newark Castle
– 1439 Newark Castle – Matlock (Starts Nottingham)
– 1640 Newark Castle – Matlock (Starts Nottingham)
– 0646 Lincoln – Nottingham
– 1130 Leicester – Lincoln (Terminates Nottingham)
– 1140 Lincoln – Leicester
– 1330 Leicester – Lincoln
– 1337 Lincoln – Leicester
– 1530 Leicester – Sleaford (Starts Nottingham)
– 2201 Nottingham – Leicester
– 1345 Nottingham – Skegness
– 1611 Skegness – Nottingham
Check the revised timetables online here: https://www.eastmidlandsrailway.co.uk/timetables