With the start of British Summer Time last weekend, our local tip at Calverton is now open for longer every day.
Calverton Recycling Centre will now be open from 8am right through until 8pm every day until Friday, September 30.
Residents in Gedling borough are now being encouraged to make the most of the longer opening hours and visit in the evenings when the site on Hollinwood Lane is usually quieter.
The four day Easter weekend is traditionally one of the busiest times at the Recycling Centres as DIY enthusiasts set to work on home improvements. The longer opening times will give residents more opportunity to avoid queues and delays.
Lea Hawkes, general manager for Veolia Nottinghamshire, who runs the site, said: “We’re delighted that we can extend the opening hours. We hope that the longer opening hours will allow residents to visit a site during the evening which tends to be a quieter time or on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday when visitor numbers are also lower.
“We would also like to remind residents that they can visit any Recycling Centre within the county as long as they have registered their vehicle(s) via the County Council’s website.”
The recycling centre accepts a wide range of household waste for recycling; including textiles, glass bottles and jars, wood, scrap metal, batteries, garden waste, electrical appliances and even engine oil and cooking oil. On average, the Recycling Centres recycle an impressive 80% of the waste they receive.
Top tips to remember when visiting your local Recycling Centre:
• Your visit will be quicker if your waste is sorted into types before your visit and will also help us to recycle as much as possible
• Don’t forget, you need to be a Nottinghamshire resident and registered to use our Recycling Centres and will be turned away if not. Register for free at:
• If assistance is needed, please ask a member of staff.
• Trade waste, commercial waste, or waste from home building projects can’t be taken to the Recycling Centres. You must only take your own personal household waste.
• Children and animals must stay in vehicles at all times.