Police are appealing to residents and homeowners in the Gedling area to be extra vigilant following more burglaries in the area over recent weeks.
Officers say there has been a rise in reports over the past 30 days and have offered advice to residents to ensure there houses and vehicles are more secure.
A spokesman for Gedling South Beat Team said: “In light of these incidents we would like to offer crime prevention advice to residents.”
The police crime prevention advice is as follows:
- Ensure you lock your doors and windows, even when you are in
- Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors
- If you have an intruder alarm, make sure you set it when you go out and when you go to bed.
- Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device
- Register your property for free on the national property database www.immobilise.com
Immobilise helps police to reunite stolen items with their rightful owners in the event of them being recovered.
- Protectively mark your valuable property with your name and postcode preferably using a visible property marking kit such as Cremark or SelectaMARK and don’t leave valuables like laptops on view.