Police are warning people to remain vigilant after three burglaries took place in Carlton and Burton Joyce over the past two days.
Local officers said they had received reports of one incident in the Onchan Park area of Carlton and two in the Burton Joyce area.
A spokesman for Carlton Beat Team said: “Please be assured our team are out patrolling the area and conducting checks of persons and vehicles acting suspiciously.
“But we do need your help to make it as hard as possible for these criminals to commit crime. Leave some lights on if you are out, always put on your house alarms and keep windows and doors locked. If you see anything suspicious please ring 101 (non emergency) or 999.”
What can you do to prevent a burglary?
Simple steps can be taken to reduce your chance of becoming a victim of a burglary.
Safety tips include:
- Lock doors with both a Yale lock and mortise lock for full security.
- Lock all windows with keys.
- Ensure bathrooms have extractor fans, so that you don’t need to leave the window open to ventilate it.
- Flat roofs can be climbed on, so don’t leave any upstairs windows or doors open.
- Keep valuables, and keys, out of sight.