ColwickNewsPraise for new horse sculptures on Colwick roundabout

Residents in Colwick have heaped praise on new statues which have appeared on a roundabout near Colwick.

The three statues of horses recently appeared on the island near Nottingham Racecourse in Colwick.

A number of residents contacted Gedling Eye to praise the quality of the statues.

Marie Ward from Colwick said: “They are great. They look so realistic that I stopped the car as I thought there was real horses on the island.”

Jim Thorpe from Netherfield said “Ace. It’s about time this side of the city saw some investment. I love them.”

But Lisa Dunn from Colwick thinks it’s only a matter of time before the sculptures are stolen.

She said: “They’ll be nicked before too long. They are too good. Someone will take them and sell them on for a lot of money.”

What do you think of the new horse sculptures? Let us know in the comments section below

14 comments

• Dawn Goodwin

Jan 14, 2018 at 7:10 pm

Don’t see why people feel that these will be stolen. There are.many statues throughout the World which aren’t. They look so realistic and I love them.

• carolyn hallam

Jan 14, 2018 at 7:28 pm

I’d love to know how much they cost and who is paying for them – if it the racecourse paid, all good and well – if the council paid i’m not sure people will be happy ( me included!)

• Carol henthorn

Jan 14, 2018 at 7:29 pm

Initially thought they were real! Very impressed. Lovely to see them.

• Ginamartine1554@gmail. Com

Jan 14, 2018 at 7:33 pm

Where did u stop the car Marie on a busy roundabout u could of caused an accident duck

• R bates

Jan 14, 2018 at 7:38 pm

Were they put there by the race course?

• Joe

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:19 pm

Fabulous do we really need these on a roundabout?? Well done more tax payers cash well spent

• Chris

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:29 pm

We love them. It was a suprise when we first spotted them on saturday morning and at first glance they looked real. A lovely addition to the area.

• Simon

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:31 pm

Love them, best thing to come out of the roadworks so far. We need more like that.

• Lorraine woodward

Jan 14, 2018 at 10:04 pm

I’m all for money being spent to make the area look better, these look great.

• Charlotte

Jan 14, 2018 at 10:23 pm

They are very good and lifelike but very distracting when driving up towards roundabout x

• Mark C

Jan 15, 2018 at 7:23 am

Very impressive, I think they look great

• Stephen Tomlinson

Jan 15, 2018 at 4:30 pm

I hope they don’t get abused or stolen. Personally I think they look great just hope the small minority of Sneinton and Colwick abusers will leave them be so people can enjoy them. Fingers crossed .

• Joe

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:51 am

Yes; I agree with Stephen.
    There will be a small number of “people” who will find it amusing to either vandalise or steal these statues, but that, unfortunately, is the nature of the “civilised” world we live in currently.

I hope they remain intact and in place, for they look impressive.

• Frank Lambert

Mar 15, 2018 at 12:46 pm

Lovely sculptures BUT NOT the place for them. They will distract drivers attention from the road as has already been shown. Irresponsible by whoever sanctioned the placement
    They need a few lessons in road safety..There will be a few shunts at this island.
    They should be sited at the road entrance to the Racecourse