A spate of garage break-ins over one night in Arnold are being investigated by police.
Officers have been made aware of the incidents which took place between Sunday, December 3 and Monday 4 in the Blakeney Walk and Thetford Close area of Arnold.
In every incident, padlocks were cut to gain access to the garages.
A [oliec spokesman said: “If you witnessed any of the incidents or have any information, please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
“Likewise, if you do see anyone acting suspiciously in your area, please contact us on 101 or if it is an emergency, 999.”
Don’t forget the following advice on keeping your property safe from thieves:
Keeping keys safe
- Ensure your keys are kept in a safe place out of sight and well away from your letterbox
- Don’t tag keys so they can be easily identified
- Keep all spare keys in a safe place
- Don’t leave spare keys outside or in a garage or shed
- Consider buying a safe for personal papers, passports and small items of jewellery. This must be secured to the floor or a wall
Security outside your home
- Never leave garages or sheds unlocked, especially if they connect to your property
- Visible burglar alarms and carefully directed security lighting can deter burglars. Make sure alarms stop sounding after 20 minutes and lights don’t disturb your neighbours