Police are appealing for witnesses to a burglary in Arnold – the seventh in the borough since the beginning of January.
The property on Worcester Road in Arnold was broken into at approximately 9.15pm on Tuesday (9)
Entry was gained to the property via the rear french doors whereby numerous items were taken.
There has been seven house burglaries to dwellings in area since January 1. Access to these dwellings have been mainly gained at the back of the property.
Police have now issued the following crime prevention advice following the recent spate of burglaries in the area:
• Ensure that you lock your doors and windows, even when you are in
• Fit good quality locks to your exterior doors
• If you have an intruder alarm, make sure you set it when you go out and where possible, when you go to bed
• Leave a light on when it’s dark, make use of timer switches and consider leaving a radio on or investing in a fake TV device
• Invest in security lights for both the front and rear of your property
If you witnessed this incident or have any information, please call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 quoting incident 749 of the 9th January or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
If you would like to speak to our Crime Prevention Unit about protecting your property and reducing your chances of becoming a victim of crime, please email firstname.lastname@example.org