Roundabout works are to have a major impact on the timetable of a bus service that runs through the borough next weekend.
Passengers using Nottingham City Transport’s Pathfinder 100 service will only be able to travel between Nottingham and Burton Joyce for part of next weekend whilst Lowdham roundabout is closed for works between 18:00 on Saturday, October 8 and 06:00 on Monday, October 10.
Due to the location of the works and there being no suitable alternative route for buses to use, there will be no bus service to Lowdham, Thurgarton, NTU Brackenhurst Campus or Southwell during this time.
David Astill, NCT Commercial Manager said, “We have approached the contractors and Nottinghamshire County Council to seek a solution that could accommodate buses travelling through the works area as we have successfully in other areas many times, but this has not been possible for Lowdham.”
“After assessing several options, there just isn’t a suitable alternative way to serve the route beyond Burton Joyce and we reluctantly have to terminate buses in Burton Joyce for part of Goose Fair weekend”.
The following temporary timetable changes will be made:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8 2016
- The last bus to depart Nottingham that will travel through to Southwell will be 17:10
- Buses departing Nottingham from the 17:40 departure will run as far as Burton Joyce only (Holy Trinity Church, Bulcote)
- The N100 will run as far as Burton Joyce (Holy Trinity Church, Bulcote)
- The last bus to depart Southwell for Nottingham will be the 17:45 departure from Norwood Gardens, but it will run 10 minutes earlier to travel through Lowdham before the roundabout closes. The last bus will depart Norwood Gardens at 17:35 then The Minster 17:42, NTU Brackenhurst Campus 17:45 and Lowdham War Memorial 17:53. The bus will then depart Burton Joyce (Wheatsheaf Court) at 18:09 as normal.
- The 18:39 bus from Burton Joyce through to Nottingham will not run
- Buses will then depart Burton Joyce (Wheatsheaf Court) at 19:04 and then as the normal timetable
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 9 2016
All buses will run between Nottingham and Burton Joyce (Holy Trinity Church, Bulcote) only running at their usual times from these stops.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 10 2016
- The 05:32 and 06:02 buses from Southwell will start from Burton Joyce at 06:04 and 06:34 respectively
- The first bus to depart Southwell will be the 06:39 journey from Westgate / Hillside Drive departing Norwood Gardens at 06:47; Minster 06:54 and NTU Brackenhurst 06:57.
- The first bus from Lowdham will be the 06:55 service 26 then the 100 at 07:07
A further closure is expected from 18:00 on Saturday, October 15 until 06:00 on Monday, October 17 and details of how services will operate will be announced in due course.