Bus operators Nottingham City Transport has announced its Boxing Day timetable in Gedling borough
The following routes will operate to a special timetable between 6:00am and 18:00pm:
• 27 to Carlton
• 28 to Ilkeston Road, Beechdale and Bilborough
• 39 to Thorneywood and Carlton Valley
• 44 to Colwick, Netherfield and Gedling
• 45 to Woodborough Road, Mapperley and Gedling
• 58 to Mansfield Road, Sherwood and Arnold
• 89 to Mansfield Road, Sherwood, City Hospital, Bestwood Park and Rise Park
Full timetables are available on the NCT website at www.nctx.co.uk and in the NCTX Buses App.
Normal fares will apply on Boxing Day, including £5 Grouprider tickets which cover up to 5 people (min 1 adult, max 2 adults).
The Nottingham Business Improvement District (BID) are once again supporting the early morning journeys, which operate to help employees get to work.
Anthony Carver-Smith, NCT Marketing Manager commented: “Our Boxing Day buses have proven very popular and in their fifth year of operating, we’re delighted to add two additional services to the Boxing Day timetable which fill the gaps many customers asked us to look at last year”. He continued, “Boxing Day is an important day for the Sales, but it’s also an important day for our employees to be able to spend time with their family and friends and we thank our employees who have volunteered to work on Boxing Day to provide our biggest network to date”.
Nottingham City Transport timetables will change over the Festive period, as follows:
• Normal service up to and including Sunday, December 23
• Christmas Eve – Saturday service, except on Navy 49/X which will operate to normal weekday times. Buses will finish earlier, with last buses by approx. 20:00.
• Christmas Day – Sorry, no service
• Boxing Day – Special timetable between approx. 06:00 and 18:00pm
• Thursday, December 27 – Saturday service, except on Navy 49/X which will operate to normal weekday times. N4 & N34 will operate.
• Friday, December 28 – Saturday service, except on Navy 49/X which will operate to normal weekday times. All NightBus services will operate
• Saturday, December 29 – Normal Saturday service, including NightBus
• Sunday 30th December – Normal Sunday service
• New Year’s Eve – Saturday service, except on Navy 49/X which will operate to normal weekday times. Buses will finish earlier, with last buses by approx. 20:00 on most routes. A limited service will continue until approx. 22:00 on 6, 17, 27, 28, 36, 45, 48, 68, 69, 77 and 89.
• New Year’s Eve Night – NightBus services running until 3.15am (except N34)
• New Year’s Day – No Service
• Wednesday, January 2 – normal service resumes